Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MadCap's Trailer Reactions - "Skyrim - Hearthfire DLC"

Eh, not sure how I feel about this one. I remember reading that Bethesda was promising fewer DLC releases but with far more substance to them.  THIS is not exactly what I thought of when I heard that statement. Of course, this may still yet surprise me, though I have my doubts. As long as you guys aren't trying to pull another "Horse Armor", I suppose this could actually work.

Now, from an aesthetic perspective, I love this to death. It gives you a brand new home that you can make your character construct with his/her own two hands, it lets you modify that building by adding on new rooms and adding trophies and the like, which is all well and good. It's about the best that people playing console will get considering we don't actually have to enhance our games with mods and can just enjoy the game itself (that's right, PC Elitists, I'm talking to you).

Speaking of which, Bethesda, this new announcement is all well and good, but when are you going to release Dawnguard for PS3? I don't play PS3, but I'm not going to want to keep things from anyone that does. I'm all for cross-platform brotherhood, after all. Gaming is gaming no matter how you get it, and the PS3 crowd deserves to enjoy the little ball of "No, really, vampires are cool again" that you've given us with that.

So...what's the deal, Bethesda? Get on the ball.

Hearthfire, the second official DLC for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, will be available for download from Xbox Live on September 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment