Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MadCap's Mad Rantings - Will there finally be some Skyrim DLC for PS3?

It may be possible. In the future. I know you all haven't been following my exhaustive ranting on Bethesda and their apparently inability to bring "Dawnguard" to PS3 users. Now, just shortly after the release of their trailer for "Dragonborn", the third DLC in the bunch. It might be that Bethesda is finally getting its stuff together. A recent tweet from the Bethesda reads, quote "To Update: we're close on new Skyrim content for PS3 and PC."

Now does this mean that Dawnguard may be getting its long awaited PS3 release? I don't know, but I suppose that it technically counts as "new" content for PS3 users, as the very least. At least I certain hope that that is what they're doing. Most people by this point, I'm sure, have moved on from it, though the few that remain are still hoping and a move like this is just what Bethesda needs as some damage control for the whole situation. The fact is, they didn't want to release a less than quality product and I can respect that. The problem is that they didn't say what the problem was and when a theory was presentedyou denied it outright. So giving the people who are your consumers nothing to go on, no indication of just what the problem is, and that isn't really enough to keep them loyal. They were left out in the cold, and that's just not good for your image, Bethesda.

I do sincerely hope that this tweet means that they're making at least some progress on taking care of the problems and bringing Dawnguard to the PS3 crowd at long last. They've been waiting a while, Bethesda, and I'll be honest, they deserve it. Especially those of them that have stuck it out for as long as they have waiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment